Our friend @Rudy De Waele asked me to give 5 mobile trends for Africa over the next decade for his talk at Mobile Web Africas. I have long supported mobile web in Africa(long before this blog became famous) see The mobile Internet will do more for Africa than live 8! and also the Mobile Web Africas conference created by @Matthew Dawes. So, I want to be particularly radical.
Here are my top five trends for Africa over the next decade – you can add some more below or send them to Rudy
1) Mobile commerce creates efficient economies
2) The Mobile phone enables knowledge so repressive regimes are changed to democracy
3) wildlife is protected more(less poaching due to sensors)
4) Companies emerge FROM Africa to EXPORT mobile expertise to the west!
5) An augmented reality application is developed that maps Genes to regions. Thus, visitors to Africa are able to see where their ancestors lived by a probability of gene pool as they travel. This is based on the Out of Africa theory on study of mitochondrial DNA