The forumoxford conference is upon us again on Nov 23 with an awesome lineup of speakers and innovators as usual.
Now in it’s eighth year, the event is a unique gathering which I co-chair alongwith Tomi Ahonen
This year, the theme is - Mobile startups – making the UK the next Silicon Valley
I remember a conversation I had back in 2000(the early days of .COM).
I called up a company and the reception asked me – ‘Are you a .COM?’
I said – we were ..
She replied happily ‘So are we!’ i.e. to be a ‘.COM’ signaled a sense of uniqueness
Fast forward to today’s world, everyone is a .COM (ie has a web presence) and most companies are expected to also have a mobile presence.
Many of us have been working with mobile data technologies for a decade, and finally the Mobile revolution is truly here.
Venture Capitalists like Fred Wilson now advocate a ‘Mobile first’ strategy.
A plethora of mobile innovation is upon us with many mobile technologies like location, mobile payments and mobile apps becoming mainstream; more significantly, a commercial ecosystem is developing for mobile apps. Not only are we prepared to pay for apps – but an investment ecosystem is developing around mobile apps.
So, this forms the backdrop of our conference this year
We hope that the ForumOxford Conference will act as a catalyst to take your ideas to the next level.
Five reasons to attend the ForumOxford Conference:
- Learn how to take your ideas from concept to execution.
- Network opportunities across the ForumOxford ecosystem – technologists, operators, investment experts.
- Learn about new funding models (Crowdfunding).
- Understand how start-up accounting is different.
- Become a part of the ForumOxford ecosystem.
- Svetlana Grant, Director of Smart Cities, Connected Living Programme, GSMA
- Simon Dixon, CEO, Bank to the Future
- Dan Appelquist, Head of Product Management for BlueVia, Telefónica Digital
- Russell Buckley (Founder of AdMob which is now Google AdMob), MobHappy
- Jouko Ahvenainen, Entrepreneur, Investor, Founder, Grow VC Group
- Tony Fish, Entrepreneur and Strategic Thinker, AMF Ventures
- Prof Khalid Al-Begain, Professor of Mobile Computing and Networking, University of Glamorgan, and Glamex Security Ltd
- Fabian Stelzer, Co-Founder and CMO, EyeQuant
- Rudy De Waele, Mobile Strategist, Business Angel and Appreneur
- Torsten Stauch, Co-Founder and CEO, AppShed
- Muriel Devilliers, Founder- Managing Director, LUMU Invest
- Andrew Griffin, Monitise
- Margaret Gold, Chief Marketing Officer, Ether Books
- Neil Driver, Partner for Davis Grant LLP
- Aditya Jaokar, Feynlabs – Concepts of Programming Language for Kids
Should be a great day! Mobile startups – making the UK the next Silicon Valley