For the past four years, I have co-chaired the forumoxford future technology conference at Oxford University alongwith Tomi Ahonen. This year, this year’s ForumOxford: Future Technologies Conference 2010 will be held at the University of Oxford on Friday 15 October 2010.
The conference is industry led i.e. not academia/students
ForumOxford: Mobile Apps and Technologies Conference is a one-day event on Friday 15 October 2010 in Oxford to explore emerging technologies with a Mobile/Web 2.0 focus.
Why you should attend:
· we have a great line-up of speakers (see list below)
· this is a relaxed and informal conference
· plenty of time for you to meet all the speakers and other participants
· the ForumOxford conferences consistently receive excellent feedback
· low attendance fee of £205 (before 30 Sept) inc 3-course lunch, refreshments and free post-conference drinks
· held in the beautiful city of Oxford (only 1 hour from London)
· three top quality training courses available prior to the conference
· no sales pitches – this is a conference for presentation and discussion
Conference Speakers 2010:
· James Elles, Euro MP Presentation: tbc
· David Marutiak, User Community Ambassador, Vodafone Internet Services Presentation: Communities
· Chetan Sharma, Founder and President, Chetan Sharma Consulting Presentation: tbc
· Jeanette Carlsson, Business Strategy and New Media Leader, Communications at IBM Global Business Services
Presentation: Social Media on the Web
· Jonny Bentwood, Head of Analyst Relations and Strategy, Edelman Presentation: The Influencer Tipping Point: How the collision of social media has enabled influencer relations to be a reality.
· Kevin McDonagh, Director at Novoda, Organiser of Droidcon, the UK’s Android conference Presentation: Get smart, Android’s not just about phones
· Patricia Timoner, Strategy Consultant, Mobile Digital and Interactive Marketing Presentation: Emerging world mobile
· Dan Virtopeanu, General Manager, Voxline Communication Presentation: How to develop creative and effective SMS-based mobile games
· Volker Hirsch, Co-Founder and Director at Blue Beck Limited Presentation: tbc
· Kris Rockwell, President/CEO, Hybrid Learning Systems, USA Presentation: m-learning
· Vic Keegan previously at the Guardian writing about business, economics and technology and now a freelance writer, app developer and adviser on mobile strategies Presentation: The Poetry of Location
· Sean Mitchell, CEO, Movidius Presentation: Taking mobile entertainment to the next dimension!
· Xi Sizhe, Masters Degree Student at Vrije Universiteit Brussels and an Entrepreneur from China Presentation: Sensors, the ‘Internet of Things’ and opportunities for the manufacturing industry in China
The conference will be chaired by:
· Ajit Jaokar, futuretext
· Tomi Ahonen, Independent 3G Strategy Consultant and Author
Link is –
forumoxford future technology conference
Contact me at ajit.jaokar at futuretext.com if you want to speak/sponsor at this exclusive conferece or contact peter.holland at conted.ox.ac.uk at Oxford University