Who reads books on iphone and why?

Curiously enough, according to O Reilly books are the fastest growing category on the iphone.

Qs is – who reads books in iPhone and why?

As a publisher, I am very interested in this but also curious

Comments

1. Kent lai says:

I read rss, webpages saved with read it later, articles saved as PDF, and even books downloaded with stanza on my iPhone. I commute for two hours daily, and like to travel light when going out. Reading on iPhone is a natural option. In fact it’s why I got it in the first place! I’m even making this comment from iPhone safari!

2. Chetan says:

I read it during my flights .. it is easy and it is there :)

3. Charles says:

I’ve been reading books on PDAs for years. They’re portable, great for long plane flights (multiple books), and you don’t need a light on, so they’re great for reading in bed.
    The iPhone is the best for reading so far with its big screen, clear type and simple wireless connection. I prefer reading all of my RSS feeds on it (including this blog!) as I can sit anywhere in the house while doing so. And I live on an island that often necessitates long ferry rides, so I have all my reading material with me at all times.

4. Andreas says:

As Kent said, commuters definitely. Japanese people are even reading books on smaller cell phone screens, because they are standing squeezed in the subway during their commute, where there is not much more space left than for a cell phone.
    Another scenario: whenever you are waiting: standing in line in front of a counter or waiting for a bus.

5. Nora Guerrera says:

The same reason people read thh NY Times on their phone or mobile device. It’s there and they can. It’s also a convenient way to have a book available SHOULD you want to read it, without the commitment to carry it around with you.
    At the end of the day, it’s hard to get a full book read that no matter how you do it, if you can get it accomplished, you’re happy.

6. Ed says:

I listen to stories on my iphone from Spoken Ink – http://www.spokenink.co.uk I love walking into work listening to stories. You can look about and listen all the same time. Sounds silly but it’s a break through.

7. Anonymous says: