A startup I know is looking for this role
Please no agencies!
Please contact me at ajit.jaokar at futuretext.com
I dont know any more about this than whats here
This revolutionary Start-up Company in the mobile space with funds and a number of major contracts is looking for a ‘founder’ CTO. We’re looking for someone with extreme ambition and entrepreneurial type attitude to join the firm and team as CTO and lead the technical build through to delivery. You will be credited as a fellow founder and will be offered a significant equity stake in the business as well as a very good salary. You will join a very experienced and welcoming management team who want to create a long term nucleus of people for the company who can really drive it forward and successfully deliver mobile advertising solutions internationally.
We are looking for the ‘genius’ of the class who a burning desire to succeed and a great attitude is a must. You must also be able to demonstrate your programmer/development capabilities and be able to lead a team with two assistant developers working with you.
You will work on integrating 3rd party web content into databases and develop related web sites/mobile websites, front-ends and backends.
The key responsibilities include:
• Write specification, undertake build and lead team to final development within specified time period
• Design search algorithms and correctly categorize content to display on web and mobile
• Design dynamic content management and advertising placement platform
• Implement tools for analyzing user behaviour and feedback
• Import XML-based 3rd party content
• Build web and mobile internet sites to display content
• Prototype portals and prepare for customer tests
• Write integration scripts to interface with databases
You will also need excellent graphics design skills. Areas of interests include: Web 2.0 tools and systems, creative graphics design, HTTP and TCP/IP, web server (Apache), databases (MySQL / Oracle), data mining and data organization.
Strong background/personality and above all else a burning desire to succeed and great attitude. Must have university degree and/or significant experience with large real-life Internet services. Prior experience in launching and designing commercial web properties would be hugely beneficial. Proactive and highly motivated. Ability to meet tight deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to build new Internet services and advertising platforms and integrate 3rd party content into live Internet sites, Internet site design, mobile web site setup, proficient with common tools for Internet content, testing of web sites. Strong appreciation of consumer needs and business opportunities required.
Also excellent design skills are a must. E.g. have designed some commercial web and/or mobile sites before.
- Must: Required skills to develop web portals for PC and mobile browsing using different web development technologies and tools. HTML, Java script, PHP, Ajax
- Must: Required skills to develop web statistics and reports (information stored in DB) using suitable web technologies and/or reporting tools
- Nice to have: Apache and/or Jboss management and development skills
- Nice to have: Python, Java and C++ coding skills
The project will be undertaken in London or very close to London. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to step outside the box and work towards a greater goal. The firm is well placed to operate at the highest level and can demonstrate serious calibre in the mobile space. As part of the management team you will also be expected to contribute to the strategy and overall direction of the firm and show a deep understanding of mobile. An understanding of or background in mobile advertising would be ideal but not essential.